Life doesn't have to be a race Shayna...

Breathe Shayna...Breathe. 

Life has been moving fast. I've wanted to return my Adult Card about 289843825743985 times. However, I can't seem where the office is located. The DMV clearly...this is where adulting started Shayna, they getcha I'll tell ya...

I spent 6 weeks in Utah, at my new job's other office. Training classes, immersion exercises, lots of reading, tests...when did I sign back up for college? But, it was over...I passed. I completed the course and was assigned my territory of dealers. They were majority in Denver, CO. Yay! I love Colorado and couldn't have been happier.

I'm back in Cali! I started to making morning pit stops at the beach to finish my coffee after the long drive. To "reset" before I headed into the office.



So I headed back to the CA office, to virtually work without my team in arms reach. They are all based out of Utah. So, there I am...I have my list of accounts...just call and introduce yourself Shayna, just do it it'll be fine. You came from the inside, you get it. You got this!! Ohhhhhh, was I wrong. 

Helpppppp! Where is help? Where is my team? Where is my boss? I keep getting messages for one of my accounts saying "hey, they need a credit for their account because this product isn't working...are you going to approve that?" I don't know! Am i? Do I have that much authority? How do I even know it's not working? 

So, one meltdown, call, and Delta Flight Confirmation Email later...I am heading back to Utah. I need to be around my team. I need help. If you know me even the slightest, you know that asking for help isn't generally in my nature...so the fact that I was chasing it...(personal growth for the win!)



I have one week in Utah to soak up as much info as I can, then I head back to CA, coordinate my sister's Bachlorette party, make 3 hour commutes each way. The next week, I am in Vegas for the wedding...leaving Friday after work, coming home Sunday morning to grab a U-haul and pack my shit and move into my new place in San Clemente...did I mention I was in Vegas? Hangover was in full effect.



So here I am, moved into my new place. My commute has gone from 3 1/2 hours each way to 10 minutes. Life is gooooooooood.



Then it kicks in, naturally. Every ounce of comfort I have ever known is not in reach. I don't come home to my best friend, I don't know where the good places to eat are. I don't even know the radio stations I need to listen to now. It's me, myself, and I. This is what you wanted Shayna...be careful what you wish for. <--That subconscious is a little bitch, I'll tell ya. Checking my ass just about every other thought.

But I'm here and I did it. I moved away from my comfort. I am here living. Even if my conscious is being a feisty snarky little bitch. I made the move. I went all in. Because life is about risks, it's about growing, it's about pushing yourself. You live, you learn, you grow.

As much as I love it, I don't like comfort. I like it long enough to get over it. I used to switch countries, now I switched residencies. However, during the tough moments, I am having to tell myself this is an adventure...a new place. A new "culture." Maybe that will help my perspective.

On the work side of things, I have an amazing company I work for. They truly support me, lift me up and make the effort to make sure they keep their employees happy. Last week we had a Sales Summit. All of my Utah friends got to fly out and connect out here.



I am trying to find the strength and level head in this new adventure. The fact of the matter is, I am in an amazing town...with an amazing company. Now, it's just time to become apart of this town and truly apart of the company.

Getting outside of my comfort zone is my specialty even if I bitch about it the whole time. Haha.

Wish me luck in my new chapter of life and for anyone reading this...send a Keurig, Ha.

Comments

Post a Comment