The first piece of me is left behind...

Time to pack up. Time to move forward. Time to reflect. 

It's time to head to a new country. This feeling I have...it's definitely unfamiliar. 

I've been in Peru for almost 2 weeks. I've been scared. I've been uncomfortable. I've been the happiest I never knew I could be. I've been enlightened. I've been in love...for the past two weeks I've been in such a deep love. Uh, mam...your boyfriend is back home. Watch it lady. 

Not that kind of love...I've been in love with new. With places. With stories. With this feeling. With myself. 

The last week I was pretty "disconnected" from the world as we know it back home. I wasn't blogging, I wasn't posting too much, I wasn't texting or face timing. I was "just being!"

I was taking hikes in the Sacred Valkey, listening to waterfalls, walking with donkeys...I missed so many of my jackass' back home it was some comfort. 


Here I was, disconnected...walking through the valleys of Peru. I was surrounded by 360 degrees of luscious green mountains, adobe houses, wild animals, dirt roads, corn fields and a river running through it all. Wow. Yet another "Travel Ahha" moment. That's what I'm calling them. 

I didn't bust out my phone to capture it. I took it in, in its purest form. No second lense. No filters. It was so beautiful. It was so refreshing. It was exactly what I needed. What I had been longing for. 

I'm sure you all would love photos, but no photo would've done it justice and I would hate to have that fail at displaying the image I captured. 

Ever seen P.S. I Love You? Where she is walking through the dirt roads in Ireland, surrounded by just the natural life of the country? That was me. That is what I felt. Except I wasn't famous, nor did i find the love of my life on that road who ends up dying from cancer. (Oops, did I spoil the ending?) 

My time in Peru was more than I never thought I'd have. On the Sunday before I left Cusco, on a day I was trying to find the right way to end my time there...I did yoga with a local class. As if I didn't know these weird names and positions for yoga already...let's try it in Spanish. !Si Se puede! 


Cobra...Warrior...uh, mam...I didn't bring my sword or snake. Was that included in the class? 

 I managed to get out my comfort zone...that was just an everyday way of life now. The instructor pushed me a little further in my stretches too...I'm already outside of my comfort zone lady! No need to press my physical comfort levels too! 

I managed to complete the class...time to eat! Since I'm being all healthy and shit, why not try the vegetarian place across the lane, I've heard good things! 


Grilled veggie sandwich...on homemade bread. Oh boy, that feeling...that love I discovered it's backkkkk and it's a hungry! And I don't feel an ounce of guilt! How can this day get any better I thought? 

Hopefully we all know now, don't question me...I was looking to once up it once again. You walk down these lanes to the plazas...the whole time getting approached by people looking to get you the most delicious food, the most authentic alpaca clothing, the cheapest souvenir, the best massage. Massage. MASSAGE! 

Usually, I say no gracias to every approach i receive "massage lady...manicure pedicure" today was not a day for No's! Who am I to deny job security? Pshh. Yes! Yes mam!

For all of $13 US Dollars I got a 60 min massage! Oh daddy would be proud of my bargaining skills. (Insert happy dance) 

A text? A text! From Sabrina! My friend I met in Lima, Peru. She's here in Cusco. Jesus loves me. It is Sunday after all. 

We met up, ran into some sort of celebration. Had some coffee and then met back up for dinner and a glass of wine.

 I had one more day in Peru and it was only fitting we went and explored together! 

We had lunch (at the vegetarian place I went on about the day before!) this time...Pizza! Ohhh, pizza! With mashed potatoes on top? These people know the way to my heart. 


Again, we ran into a HUGE celebration in the main plaza. Extravagant costumes, both men and woman. Loud bands and music. Woman dancing in sync with each other. Face masks that were interesting. 

It was time to go hike to Jesus. If attempted to do it about 3 times since I got to Cusco and each time getting lost. Not today Jesus, not today! I shall find my way. We head up...can you guess? Stairs. Mother trucking stairs. Go figure. 

We are both winded after about 2 flights...so we stop to naturally, take pictures when that really was just a cover to catch our breath. 

We are swapping some interesting stories and just learning more and more about each other...getting more comfortable as the day goes on. We made it to Jesus! What would Jesus Do?  Naturally, we took a selfie...
We found a back road into some old ruins...That is Peru after all. We hung out, listened to some guitar a guy was playing, took some pictures and enjoyed the view of the city. 


She said to me..."You're not the same person i met last week...you are stronger and more confident on your own." That meant the world to me. Especially now that I was ending my first leg of this trip. 

It was a odd feeling. Peru became my home. It became my heart. It had my love...and now I was saying goodbye. Knowing I may never see it again, may never see the family I stayed with, their children, these streets, these mountains...and if I did ever see them again, I wouldn't be the same person. This country changed me. And I couldn't love it more. 

My signature move was breaking out...time to say goodbye. I did so in the form I said hello. 







Comments

  1. my heart came out of my chest....i loved everything about this blog...and i love the moments you didnt blog or snap a photo....i love girlie...keep on trekking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was amazing. Loving your blogs daily. I'm so proud of you and what you are accomplishing. As much as i miss you terribly I'm proud of who you are becoming

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment